Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2015

ALYOF – December Finishes

I was able to make my goal for December for A Lovely Year of Finishes (#5 at Goal Setting Party). I finished up the second flannel 9-Patch and it is now at its final destination.



This is the only photo I have of it finished. It was made from my dad’s flannel shirts, then quilted by “tying” it with buttons from my great-grandmother. Lots of memories in that quilt.

As for A Lovely Year of Finishes for 2015, I met my goals 10 out of 12 months. The two months I didn’t make my goal had to do with those flannel 9-Patch quilts. I may not have met the goals for those months, but at least I did get those two quilts completed and shipped off before the end of the year! I’d say that all in all, it was a pretty good year for ALYOF.

The only other goals I had for December were to work on the Butterfly Sampler from Sue Spargo and to make some flannel pillowcases for the winter. I didn’t work on either one of those. But, I will get to them. I did get a few other things accomplished though.

I was able to finish one of the blocks for HocusPocusVille…



And I got a start on the next HPV block…



I also worked on some of the blocks from the Temecula Quilt Co.’s “We Wish You a Mini Christmas”…



I (obviously) didn’t use Christmas fabric. I’m hand piecing these blocks and I’m enjoying the process.

Finally, I was able to complete the quilting and machine stitch a binding on a charity quilt for Ronald McDonald House. This is our quilt guild charity, and I haven’t worked on a RMH quilt for a while, so it was good for me to get it done. The binding just needs to be hand stitched down, but there are plenty of ladies at the guild who like to do that. So, I will work on getting more quilted and binding added so they can hand stitch them.

So that’s it for December. 2015 went by pretty quickly…but don’t they all. I’m ready for a free-wheeling 2016. I only have a few quilting plans for the year. I’m going to try to focus on what I have in progress…though there are several new projects that I would like to start J. I will just get to my various projects as they appeal to me.

For now, I will be linking up at the Finishes Party for December for ALYOF. Head over for some great projects, and have a very safe and Happy New Year!




3 comments:

  1. Lloks like you had a very productive 2015, I wish you a very Happy New Year with lots of time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful memory quilt! Love those embroideries of yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great projects! Congratulations on your December finish. What a lovely memory quilt.

    ReplyDelete