Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2015

All Buttoned Up

The second flannel 9-Patch quilt is done, packed, and ready to ship.



The dark squares in the quilt were from my dad’s flannel shirts. I used strips from those shirts to piece the binding, and I like how it turned out. I also “tied” the quilt using buttons from my Great-Grandmother Mamy.

This was my goal for December for A Lovely Year of Finishes, and I even got it done before Christmas. I hope to get it shipped out tomorrow, though it still won’t make it before Christmas, but that’s OK. If it doesn’t get out tomorrow it probably won’t be shipped until after Christmas.

I’m glad that is done and ready to go. I don’t have anything else that needs to get done in the sewing room this year. It’s a pretty nice feeling. I will probably make some pillowcases before Christmas, but otherwise I’ll just dabble at whatever suits my fancy!


What do you have going on this Thursday?

No comments:

Post a Comment