Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes – December Goal

I have one goal for December – to complete the second flannel 9-Patch quilt and get it shipped off. I hope to get it done and shipped by Christmas, but who knows. Finishing the top was my November goal and I didn’t get it done. I got all the blocks done and three rows put together. Here are the blocks on the design wall…



I have the backing fabric and I picked up some batting this morning, so I have no excuses.

Tonight is our final guild meeting of the year, and since we are not going to hubby’s office party this month, I now have no more (currently scheduled) obligations for this year (so you KNOW that something will probably come up). Anyway, after a couple of months of what seemed like a gazillion doctors’ appointments and having to take all three pets to the vet multiple times, and remodeling the dining room, and camping, and guild obligations, and family stuff, and…you get the picture…I’m looking forward to a quiet month.

With that in mind, I’m not setting any more goals for the sewing room for December. I’m going to go with the flow and do whatever comes to mind when I feel like it. I do know that I will make some flannel pillowcases for the winter, but other than that I will probably just pick up some embroidery projects like HocusPocusVille or some hand stitching projects like my Butterfly Sampler (it’s been a long time since I worked on this!) We’ll see what I’m in the mood for.

So, tonight it’s a quilty Christmas party, and then home. I’m looking forward to an enjoyable time tonight. In the meantime, I will be linking up with the December Goal Setting Party at Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts.


Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your guild Christmas party and here's hoping you meet your December goal!! Amazing how many pieces there are in a 9P and this one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the same way as you and don't want to set any new goals until 2016! Good luck achieving your December goal and I hope you enjoy your quiet month!

    ReplyDelete