Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge – Green

I made the first of the light green blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for November…



I love this color! I haven’t made the second block, and I think I have decided I won’t. I have 24 Sawtooth Sampler blocks and I’m not using Angela’s alternate blocks, so I think I will place the blocks in a 4 by 6 layout and go from there.



This is how I placed my blocks on my design wall. They may not stay this way, but it’s a start to a top. The small stars in the mix will probably end up being corner stones in the sashing. I still haven’t decided, but that’s the way I’m leaning. As you can see, I need a lot more small stars! I’m also thinking I will extend those small stars and sashing to the outside of the blocks as well. That may be all the border I do. But, who knows…I may also add another border. At the moment, I’m planning on using the same Kona Snow background fabric as the sashing between the blocks and cornerstones. It will leave plenty of room for quilting. I love all the color in this quilt.


I will be linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the November Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Head over for some lovely – and colorful! – projects. 

13 comments:

  1. It's so nice when you can participate in a challenge but make it your own. Great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you have come up with your own design layout for the RSC Sampler! I'll be looking forward to its completion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like the idea of putting those small stars in between--really pretty...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your star setting! Your quilt is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that quilt is so cute! I love the smaller alternate blocks. Isn’t the lime color just so refreshing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your setting and think stars as cornerstones will look really good. Enjoy playing with your blocks on the design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block collection looks really good and the little stars are a nice accent. Whatever you decide to do with them, it will be a charming quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little sawtooth stars! can you take out the one corner square in the big stars, and have the little stars in there with them (sort of floating? ) does that even make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those star cornerstones are a great addition. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are bright and bold. It's going to be a striking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, this will be very pretty. :- )

    ReplyDelete