Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

November A Lovely Year of Finishes Goal

I’m ready for another finish! My goal for ALYOF for November is to complete the top for my second flannel 9-Patch quilt. Just a reminder, this is a 9-Patch quilt made from flannel shirts that belonged to my dad, who passed away Easter weekend. I’m making these quilts for my sisters (shhh!), so I’m hoping to get them done for Christmas. They live in warmer climates than I do, so they really will only be able to use them for maybe a month or so. So I need to get these quilts to them before their “winter” actually hits them. Here are some of the blocks for this second flannel quilt…



I have 15 done, so I need to get 48 more blocks completed, then put them together into a quilt top. This will be my main focus project for the month, so I’m hoping it will be completed before Thanksgiving.

Along with the 9-Patch, I have a few other projects I would like to work on in November…

I should be able to finish hand stitching down the binding this week on the first flannel 9-Patch quilt. Then I’ll get a label on it and it will be DONE!

I also need to put a hanging sleeve on a little wall hanging that I brought home from my parents’ house in the spring. It’s a wall hanging with family photos on it, and when I was gathering all of the quilts I had made for my parents over the years to bring home with me, my sister asked if she could have that one. It needed some repair, so I brought it home and have fixed it. It was hanging with block-style quilt hangers, so I decided to put a hanging sleeve on it and I’ll send it out to my sister when it’s done.

Ugh! I also still have that old Sampler Quilt on the long arm frame. I WILL get that finished this month!

The final quilt-y thing I want to work on is a quilt block for our quilt guild President. For our December meeting, we present the outgoing President with quilt blocks (of her/his choice). I have a block planned out already, so I will just need to take an hour or two this month and put it together. I think I can find the time!

Last, but not least, I will get our holiday cards made. I plan on fusing some holiday fabric and scrapbook paper on the front of blank cards to send out this year. It should be a pretty easy project, so I will devote a little time to that this month as well.


I will be linking up over at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs for the Goal Setting Party for November’s A Lovely Year of Finishes. Head over to see some lovely projects.

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have your dad's shirts and to be a quilter. Your sisters will love the quilts. And I love your 9-patch blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of items on your list. Making quilts for your siblings from your dads shirts is a brilliant idea! Old luck finishing everything up!

    ReplyDelete