Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Moving Along

I am moving along on the binding for the first flannel 9-Patch quilt. I have three corners turned, so I’m in the home stretch. And that is the only sewing room project I have worked on for the past several days. Ugh. I hate when that happens.

Yesterday was spent running a few errands in the morning – I have most of my holiday shopping done now! I even stopped by one of the local quilt shops to just shop – not for anything in particular, but just for fun. I picked up Sue Spargo’s Bird Dance book, along with a couple of small patterns. I also picked up more Best Press since I’m nearly out. I also had to take this poor thing to the vet…



The Cone of Shame…does it get any worse for a dog? Fortunately she really hasn’t had to wear it. We tried it out but the poor thing kept her head down and when she walked she would just ram it into the carpet. Pathetic. So we have just been keeping an eye on her and she is now doing better and not chewing at her tail. She had some flare up of allergies on her tail and has made a mess of it chewing and licking it. I’m sure the steroids and antihistamine have kicked in now and it’s not so itchy.

Aside from that fun stuff, I have been working on Publicity for our quilt guild 2016 Quilt Show. It isn’t too hard…just very time consuming. I’ve spent a bit of time on it this morning as well, and I will do a couple of more hours at least on it today. I also got some wall paper removed in the dining room this morning – we have our new sliding glass door and are ready to put it in tonight. We still need to finish removing the rest of the wall paper, paint the walls and the ceiling (and the inside of the door), and replace the chandelier. All before next Thursday (Thanksgiving!). Tonight is the only rain we have forecast for the week so I think we’ll be able to get it done. But I know my sewing will be placed on the back burner.

Even so, I will take some time this afternoon and (hopefully) finish stitching down the binding on the quilt. Then I should be able to get a label put on it and have it ready to be shipped out before Thanksgiving.


What’s happening on your Tuesday? I hope you’re having a great week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment