Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been about a month since I’ve linked up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching. Wow! I know I’ve done some hand stitching of bindings in the past month, but I guess I just didn’t link up. But today is a different story!

I have finished two of my three objectives for October already – I completed the Halloween quilt and I finished my crochet scarf. Finally! I still want to finish quilting the Sampler Quilt that is on the long arm, but I’m waiting for my hubby to finish the block he was working on (hopefully this afternoon) so I can roll it to the next section and continue. In the meantime, I’m moving ahead with another “focus” card.

This morning I got the first flannel 9-Patch quilt on to my Q-Snap frame.



This will be my Slow Sunday Stitching project for today (and this week!). I’m using Essential cotton thread from Connecting Threads. I’ve had a few spools of this for quite some time (meaning years!) and I think this project will be great for it. If you can see the quilting I started in the black square below the cat needle nanny, I’m using a large quilting stitch for a more casual look on this quilt. I think it will suit it well…plus it should be quick! I considered putting this on the long arm, but the flannels are so stretchy and it was driving me crazy, so I think using the Q-Snap frame will work better. I can use some hand quilting time anyway!


I will be (finally!) linking up at Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. Head over for some lovely projects.

5 comments:

  1. I find flannels and home spuns very stretchy to work with, but they also give a great texture when hand quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a soft and warm quilt when done! Have fun stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flannel 9P looks very vintage and the quilting will make it look even more so. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really admire those who can hand quilt! I just don't have the patience or the skills for that. Lovely casual quilt, great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hand quilting is real quilting ... it totally makes the quilt ...

    ReplyDelete