Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Ready for Halloween

I finished my Halloween quilt yesterday. Yay!



This was my goal for October for A Lovely Year of Finishes, so it’s nice that I got it done halfway through the month. I had some major problems with tension on some of the blocks, but it turned out pretty colorful J and overall I’m pleased with it. I used a black flannel backing (108” so it didn’t have to be pieced), so it’s pretty snuggly too. Here is the backing…



I can count this project done and move it off my To-Do List. My only other To-Dos for the month are finishing a crochet scarf and finishing the quilting on a sampler quilt. Neither one of those has a deadline, so I will probably also work on something that needs to be done for Christmas. I will probably also start working on some holiday cards this month (I’m planning on making them this year).

I ran out to run some errands this morning, so I hit the grocery store, Joann’s (for some fusible web), and I stopped by Tuesday Morning. I had hoped to hit the library, but they were doing construction in front of it and the road was blocked off. My books aren’t due until next week, so maybe we’ll run by this weekend and drop them off. This afternoon will be paperwork – filing, shredding, clearing out. What fun (not!) Maybe I’ll sneak in some crafty stuff later this afternoon. Dinner will be a new one for us…Chicken and Rice with Black Beans from Southern Cast Iron magazine. I think it will probably turn out pretty good.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment