Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge for October

I have been spending so much time lately working on other projects that I haven’t gotten much done on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for quite some time. It has been about a month since I have worked on something other than a Halloween project or charity quilts, or even pieced anything on the sewing machine. It’s been all cross stitch and quilting! So, this week I decided to take a break from that and make some of the Sampler blocks for RSC.

On Thursday I was able to get the first October (brown) block done…



I wrote about it here. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Then I started in on the September orange Sawtooth Sampler blocks. I hadn’t worked on them at all. So I started by (finally) deciding on the fabrics and cutting them out. I was so pleased I was able to at least get this far.



Then I decided to go ahead and start putting them together. I finished one orange block…



…and was able to start on the second one. I’m sure I’ll be able to find some time in the next week or so to finish it up and to complete the third one.

In the meantime, I placed all my completed Sawtooth Sampler blocks on my design wall…



I have two panels up for my design wall, so I was able to put them all the way across the wall.  The small blocks to the bottom left will be my alternate blocks. I’m going in a different direction with that than Angela is. It is so exciting to see them all together!

So that’s it for RSC for me for this week. I will be linking up with Angela at So Scrappy for the October Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Head over for some fun projects.


10 comments:

  1. It is exciting to see all your blocks come together! They look fabulous. It will be so much fun to see the different alternate blocks. Looking forward to the final quilt before too very long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to stay on track, it seems I'm always a month behind. Your sampler blocks look great. Looking forward to seeing your version come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous blocks and your alternate blocks plan is sew exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful! What a lovely collection that will turn into a fantastic quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the blocks together. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve to put them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, your blocks are looking lovely, liked the brown, then the orange and then the whole wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your design wall looks great, good to see them looking so colorful and can't wait to see your version.

    ReplyDelete