Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

October’s End

The last day of October…yikes! For those of you who celebrate Halloween, Happy Halloween! We don’t really do much for Halloween here; Halloween just always reminds me that the year is almost over and the holiday season is right upon us.

I’ve been spending all my sewing time lately quilting the first flannel 9-Patch quilt. I (finally!) finished quilting it on Thursday, so yesterday I was able to work on a variety of things that I have wanted to get to this month.

First, I made the binding for the flannel 9-Patch and got that stitched on the quilt. I now can get it hand stitched down and it will be nearly ready to give away. The binding is just the same fabric as the light fabrics used in the 9-Patches…



And someone decided she needed to help me with it…



I will probably try to get the binding stitched down before we take off for camping next week.

I also spent some time Friday morning finishing off the embroidery on the blocks for the Vintage Kitchen wall hanging…



The block on the left is one I drew out myself and is not part of Jenny’s patterns. I decided I wanted something to replace the “title” block…



I think I will probably put this on the back, but the coffee pot will be one of the 9 blocks on the front of the wall hanging. I will probably not get to putting the wall hanging together until sometime in 2016. I am hoping we’ll be able to re-do the kitchen sometime next year, so I will work on getting this done so it’s ready when the kitchen is.

I also got “caught up” with the Sawtooth Star Sampler blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I know, I know, there is no “behind” with RSC, but I now have done all the Sampler blocks that have been posted. Yesterday I finished the second brown block for October…



I really like the brown-gold star points in this block. I’ve had that fabric FOREVER, and I’m happy every time I get to use it. My point-matching wasn't great on this block for some reason, so when I go to put the top together, I may decide to take it apart and fix it.

I also finished the second and third orange blocks for September…





I love orange, so I really liked working on these blocks. So those are done! Yay! I will be linking up with Angela at RSC for October. I’m now ready for the last two blocks in November. I believe the color is lime-y green, and I have lots of that color fabric, so I’m looking forward to using some of that up in the Sampler blocks.

Finally, yesterday I started on my holiday cards! I decided to make them this year, so we’ll see how it goes. I think getting the cards made up this early will help me to actually get them out this year!


I hope you have a wonderful weekend…we’ll be watching a bit of college football today – rooting for Auburn (War Eagle!) and University of Tennessee (Go Vols!). Yeah, I know, neither are having a great year, but we’re still rooting for them!

11 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on, and all of it very pretty ! I like your quilt inspector too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot going on, and all of it very pretty ! I like your quilt inspector too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats are such diligent helpers, aren't they?
    Your sawtooth stars look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good going with the flannel and the stars. Of course, you have extra help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stars. Looks like you had a really productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great to have all the sawtooth star blocks finished up. Just two more to do and then time to put them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The real question is, will the cat let you give that flannel quilt away? ;- ) I can just imagine how much she enjoys it!

    I've been having trouble with my points this week too. Something in the air you think? Some Halloween devilry in the sewing room? I really like your orange stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress on your sampler blocks! A new one went up this morning, just in time for you to be "caught up" again. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I want to curl up in that flannel nine patch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work this week! I think the Title Block will make a really good quilt label.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful RSC blocks. LOVE the flannel quilt. I can imagine how warm and comforting this quilt be for someone. Can see how Miss Kitty has claimed it for now : )

    ReplyDelete