Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Already

Wow…time is flying this year. And it’s time for another goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. I have a project that is foremost in my mind for this month…finishing my Halloween quilt.



This is a photo before I had it sandwiched and started quilting it. I used a walking foot to quilt between all the blocks and around the borders, and I now have about four blocks quilted, plus most of the border. Today I will try to finish up the border quilting, then get to work on the remaining blocks. Once that’s done then I’ll get to the binding. I have this great fabric for the binding…



So, that’s my October goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. Hopefully by October 31 when we sit down to watch “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown,” we’ll be wrapped up in this quilt. I’ll be linking up with the Goal Setting Party at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs.

Other than that, there are a few other things I would like to accomplish this month…

First, I want to finish up with the sampler quilt that has been on my long arm frame all summer. It’s not that it’s tough…I just haven’t worked on it. So, that is something I want to finish, because….

I want to quilt the first flannel 9-patch quilt. I would like to put it on the long arm, so I need to get the sampler quilt done first. I also would like to finish the top for the second flannel 9-patch quilt, then hopefully quilt it in November. Those will then be ready to go out for Christmas.

If I have some time here and there, I will try to work on some of my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. It’s been a while since I worked on anything for RSC…I don’t believe I did anything for it in September. So I have some blue, orange, and brown blocks to make.

For now, unfortunately, I need to put some of my other projects aside. At least I need to not focus on them. :)  We’ll have to see what the month brings.

So what are your plans for this month?


1 comment:

  1. Good luck in meeting all your goals this month!!! Can't wait to see your Halloween quilt with that awesome binding on it!!!

    ReplyDelete