Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Keeping Busy

It’s been a busy week so far, and I haven’t really had a chance to hang out in the sewing room. Monday was the “Day of Many Errands” including the dentist. At least everything there was fine J. I also finally made it to the library and the pet store so I’m set with that for a few weeks. The rest of the day was spent pulling off wall paper from the dining room walls. Not fun. We are expecting a new back door any day, so while we’re at it, we decided it would be a good time to go ahead and re-do the dining room (it’s been 16+ years since we did it when we moved in here). So, the chair rail is coming down and the paper is coming off (and paint is going on). I still have to empty out the china cabinet so we can move it out of the way and get to the paper behind it. Once all the paper is off, and the drywall around the new door space is fixed, we’ll get the painting done. It’s a small room, so we should be able to get it done in a day…I hope!

Yesterday I went to an introduction to essential oils class given by a friend. I’ve been using a couple of essential oils for a long time now, mostly in cleaning products that I make. Over the past year I have been reading more and more on essential oils for health, so when my friend notified me she was teaching this intro class I decided it would be a great time to learn some more. I did end up buying a few things, and we’ll see how they work for me before I make a bigger commitment.

And yesterday I also made a new friend…



This little guy was perched on a leaf of one of our jalapeno plants. He is only about ¾ of an inch long…my hubby couldn’t believe how tiny he was! He had a friend who was a little bigger on another leaf of the same plant, but he was hiding a bit and I couldn’t take a photo of him.

So that’s it so far this week. I think I get to stay home the rest of this week. I need to get the quilt guild newsletter out late Friday, and I will be super busy this weekend with a quilt guild bee on Saturday and a Ronald McDonald House Quilt sew-in on Sunday afternoon. I think today I will get some hand work together to work on for Saturday. I would also like to get more done on the flannel 9-Patch quilting. I’m ready to move it in the frame, so I should go get to it.

I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment