Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday True Confessions

It’s a gloomy, rainy, and cool (60 degrees at 4 PM) day here in East TN…and I love it. I spent about an hour this morning chopping veggies and putting fixings into the crock pot for vegetable soup for dinner tonight. It smells pretty good! Other than that, I got some exercise in this morning and I have done almost all of the laundry. I still have some sheets, blankets and quilts to get to…but there is always this weekend.

I also did a really geeky thing this afternoon. I went down to the sewing room with every intention of working on the Halloween quilt when I got an urge to do a little bit of organizing. Sort of. I got a piece of paper and wrote down EVERY project I have going on in my sewing room…quilting, embroidery, cross stitch, crochet/knitting, etc. This was made a bit easier than my attempts in the past since I recently organized my sewing room, so my projects were in project boxes and easier to find. Then I saw that I have some colored index cards, so…I wrote each project on its own index card (color coded, of course: yellow for quilting, blue for embroidery…I told you it was geeky). On the back (lined) side of the card, I will write down what steps still need to be done, for example, I have some quilt tops completed, so I will write “quilt, bind, label.” On the front of some of them I have also written the date I would like to complete them or work on them. For example, I have a Challenge Quilt to work on which is due next February, so I wrote 2/16 on the front. I also included projects that I want to start, but haven't yet; kits and patterns that I have set aside to start...sometime...

True Confession Time: I have 66 cards! Yikes! And a couple of them say things like “Misc. Cross Stitch Projects” so they refer to more than one item! Some of these projects date back to the 1990s. Ugh! Well, at least I know where I stand now. So I have three of the cards pulled out for now because I want them done in October…the 2015 Halloween quilt, the Sampler Quilt that is currently on my long arm (I want to finish it so I can put another on), and a crochet scarf that I really want to get done. I have a huge problem with focusing on projects (OBVIOUSLY!), so maybe this will help. Time will tell.

After I did that, I was able to sit down and bury threads from quilting the border of the Halloween quilt.



This is the border and I’m quilting swirls on it. As I was going through the borders, I didn’t complete some of the half-swirls that are on the edges of the border fabric. That is what I had hoped to work on yesterday and today, but it didn’t happen. I think I will have time tomorrow to do some work in the sewing room, so maybe I can get those half-swirls done. Fingers crossed!

That’s about it. More rain expected during this weekend and the cool temperatures should stick around for a few more days. I love fall weather! I got my flu shot on Wednesday, and usually about 5 days later I have some reaction to it…low fever, achy, feeling poorly…and that day will be Monday. I hope I don’t get that reaction, but if I do, at least I don’t have plans for Monday. We’ll have to see what happens.


I hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with finishing your projects! I should probably write a list of all my unfinished projects - I also tend to be easily "distracted"! Looks like great fabrics in your Halloween quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. Somehow I missed this when you posted it the first time, but I followed back the link from today. I too am in an organizational mode right now, and your focus cards sound like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete