Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Design Wall

It has been forever since I linked up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday. But I finally made it back today!



This is my design wall right now. I have all of my blocks from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge up there. I am so excited to get the rest of these blocks done and get the top put together. I think it will turn out great.

I’ve been sticking with my “focus” cards and I actually made some progress on my projects over the weekend. My husband has been helping with the long arm quilting, so we got some more done on that (he actually wanted to learn to use it and try his hand at quilting…he’s moving right along!) I also got several more inches done on my crochet scarf. And…I finished the quilting on the Halloween quilt! Yay!



This is one block of quilting on the Halloween quilt. I just tried different FMQ patterns in each block (56 of them). I was having quite a few tension problems while FMQ on my H-V Opal, so I don’t know if it is the machine or me (the machine is new to me). It got a bit frustrating, so when I had about 15 black and white strippy blocks remaining, I stuck the walking foot on and just did some straight line quilting and I used some of the curvy decorative stitches too for quilting. So now, I’m hand stitching down the binding. Here is what the binding looks like on the quilt…



I like it! You can see some of the swirly quilting I did on the border. I used purple top thread and swirled in and out of those swirls of black bats. It was pretty fun and I like how it turned out. The backing is flannel and is SOOOO soft. I will be so happy to get this one done.

I’ve been out all morning getting the tires replaced and an oil change on the car, so once lunch is over I’ll get back to the binding. Maybe I can get it done today!

I will be linking up at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday. Head over for some lovely projects!


1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your RSC blocks. Everything is so pretty. This is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete