Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Welcome Fall!

Fall is my favorite time of year, and I’m excited it arrived early this morning. I have most of my decorations up and I’m ready for the cooler weather…though not raking leaves! Oh well. At least I’m still able to go out and rake leaves every other day!

I haven’t done a whole lot since last posting, but I did work a little on my Halloween cross stitch project over the weekend, and yesterday I did some quilting. I was able to get about four blocks quilted on the new Halloween quilt. Here is one of them…



I used a light green on this block to just meander a bit around the pumpkins. I’m doing each block separately, based on what’s in the block. Another block I did yesterday was multi-colored monsters with the words “SPOOKY” throughout, so for the quilting I just “wrote” the word “spooky” across the block a few times. Another one had some stars in the fabric, so I did an all over meandering star pattern. I think each block will give me a clue as to what to do in it, so I’m not too worried about coming up with ideas. The only blocks I may have problems with are the string blocks. I’m not really sure what to do with those yet.

I also started on the border quilting…



It’s a little hard to see, but these are swirls of bats on purple background. I’m using a shiny purple thread to quilt in the swirls. It’s actually working out better than I thought it would. I got one border on a long side of the quilt done yesterday, other than some half-swirls I will need to go back and quilt. Since I still have the purple thread in the machine, I will probably continue with that today until I’m done with the border.

That’s about it from here. I will try to get some refrigerator pickles made today…I can’t let the cucumbers sit in the fridge for too long before making them. I will also need to do some laundry and run the vacuum; other than that I’ll be able to hang out in the sewing room and quilt. I want to get this quilt done by next week!

Have a wonderful first day of Autumn!


No comments:

Post a Comment