I am the co-chair for the Ronald McDonald House Charity Quilts committee for our quilt guild, so I tend to bring home things (fabric, quilts, batting) from meetings and get-togethers to keep at my house. Many months ago, we had a RMH Sit and Sew where we basted a bunch of quilts tops. I took them to meetings each month and slowly but surely they have been taken by someone to be quilted. However, I still have three that I have lugged back and forth to guild meetings for a while now and no one has taken them to be quilted. So, I decided to get them quilted and (hopefully) out of my house.
Over the past couple of days I finished two of the three. The one on the left I just used a walking foot to do the quilting, primarily around the white (with dots) rectangles. The other quilt I did some quilting with the walking foot, then I did FMQ in the beige and blue-green areas, leaving the novelty squares unquilted. I had such problems with the tension while FMQ that it was getting pretty frustrating. I still don’t know what the problem was, but the quilt is done and now they are both ready to take to the guild meeting next week and hopefully someone will take them to bind them. There are several women in the guild who love to do binding, so we always like to have one or two quilts ready for them. Hopefully these will be ready to go to RMH soon.
Since I spent yesterday and today working on these, I think I’ll go back to my Halloween quilt this afternoon and work on it. I still need to get some strip sets cut into 4-1/2 squares for some more RMH blocks, so I’ll get that out of the way first. Then, back to quilting!