Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Good Monday Morning

I am ready for the new week. I got a few things accomplished in the sewing/craft room over the weekend. It feels good to get things done.

I have been neglecting my cross stitching and embroidery lately, but I have been doing a bit of crochet in the evenings. I’ve been working on this Sensational Scarf from Blooming Patterns.



It is such a simple pattern that I don’t have to think much while working on it. And I like the lacey parts of it. I’m using Judy’s Boiled Crawfish yarn from The Loopy Ewe. It is such a bright and pretty color – I love it. I have about 30 inches on this scarf so far, so I probably will do another 20-25 inches. We’ll see how long I really want it to be as I get farther along on it.

Other than that, I have still been doing some FMQ on the new Halloween quilt. I don’t think it will be done by Thursday, but I’m pretty sure it will be ready for Halloween.

Over the weekend I also went downstairs and did some work on the Sampler Quilt that is loaded on the long arm. I haven’t worked with the long arm machine for at least a month, so it was nice to get back to it. I hope to be able to work with it at least two or three times a week. I guess I should put it on my calendar!

This was also a Ronald McDonald House Quilts weekend for our quilt guild. Four of us met yesterday afternoon and got some blocks sewn and some strips cut for our Quilters Road Show in November. We will be making foundation blocks for RMH quilts at the Road Show, so we will need lots of strips! When I came home yesterday I started machine quilting one of the RMH quilts I have here at the house. Hopefully I can get it done and ready to give to someone at the guild meeting next week to bind. There are several ladies in the guild who really like binding quilts (not my favorite part of quilt making). So it is nice to be able to bring a couple of quilts ready to be bound. I’ll see if I can get more than the one done.

That’s about it from here. We missed the Supermoon last night due to clouds, so nothing to show of that. Today I will probably spend most of my time quilting (squeezed in around housework and laundry chores). Then tonight will be baked spaghetti for dinner. I hope you have a wonderful Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment