Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Almost Done…

It has been a couple of weeks since I turned on my sewing machine. I was able to get in there yesterday and today and finished with the top stitching and quilting on my Halloween table runner. Here is the top stitching done on one end of the runner…



I also put legs on my spiders in the middle…



I decided to try one of the decorative stitches on my machine for the legs. I obviously need a bit of practice, but I do like the hairy spider leg look.

Since this was a quilt-as-you-go pattern, there wasn’t much additional quilting I needed to add. I quilted some spider webs on the border…



It’s kind of hard to see from the front because I used a glow-in-the-dark thread for the spider webs, and it’s white and blends in. But here are some spider webs from the back side…



They turned out OK, and I’m looking forward to seeing what it looks like in the dark.

Finally, right before I stopped for lunch, I got the binding machine stitched onto the front…



I’m using a black with small white dots fabric. I did not add a solid black flange like I had originally planned and as I did on the inside of the border. I think the polka dot fabric is dark enough that it will look fine next to the border fabric.

My plan is to spend the afternoon hand stitching the binding onto the back. Then I guess I need to consider some kind of label. I may just use a pen and write on the back…it’s a solid orange, so it will show up just fine. Or I may get fancy and make a label. We’ll see.

It’s a lovely day here in East TN, and it looks like it will stay that way for a while. It’s a nice day to have the blinds open and have lots of natural light while stitching a binding. I hope you are all having a wonderful Thursday too!


No comments:

Post a Comment