Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

What’s Up on Tuesday

I got loads done yesterday, so today may be a little quieter. I never did get out to run errands, so I’ll do that this morning and be back home before it gets too stinkin’ hot. I am ready for fall!

I was able to spend a bit of time in the sewing room and I cleared out a bit more fabric, and I tossed some stuff. There is something about dismantling a quilting project that has stalled and is never going to go anywhere. So, that’s a little more fabric put back on my shelves, some stuff thrown away, and a couple of empty project boxes. Mostly, it’s items off my mental to-do list!

One thing I did accomplish yesterday was getting the blocks all cut out for the new Halloween quilt for this year. Last year I made some foundation pieced black and white strip blocks and decided to use them for a Halloween quilt. We have two that I’ve made over the past several years, but they get used ALL THE TIME and they are wearing out. That’s a good thing J. So I started squaring up the strip blocks on Sunday, then finished them up yesterday. Then I went through all my Halloween novelty fabrics and cut a square from them to set as alternate blocks. Then I put it all up on the design wall…



This is an awkward angle because the design wall is at the end of the long arm frame and I can’t really get in there to take a nice head on photo. But you get the picture. So it’s all ready to sew the blocks together. I think I will put a border on it to make it a bit larger than it is, and hopefully I can complete this by October…fingers crossed!

I was also able to spend some time with HocusPocusVille (I must be in a Halloween mood today). Here’s where I left it yesterday…




Today I have a few things to do around the house, then I hope to be able to get some more cleaning done in the sewing room and start on some 9-Patches for A Lovely Year of Finishes for August. I have 19 to go, so I know it’s doable. That’s the plan, so I better get to it. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment