Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

This Week in Stitches

I was able to do a bit of stitching this week. I usually get hand stitching done in the evening while hanging out with the family watching television, but we haven’t been watching much TV lately, so stitching time has been sparse.

I was able to start on the next layer of applique on my Butterfly Sampler.



Right now I’m just working on adding the applique to the upper part of the wings. I may also put some additional applique on the lower wings. If I add additional applique to the upper wings before I start the embroidery and beading, I will probably just add some small circles of leftover wool.

I also started the next HocusPocusVille block.



It’s coming along…slowly but surely. I won’t have any time this afternoon to work on HPV because we have a Ronald McDonald House Sit & Sew for our guild, but maybe this evening I’ll be able to find some time to work on it. Maybe I’ll suggest a good movie to watch!


I will be linking up at Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching and with Super Mom – No Cape for the Stitchery Party. Head over for some lovely projects.

8 comments:

  1. Have a great day.... both of these are such fun projects to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy sewing in the evenings as well. ANd now that Fall is approaching I know I'll get more done too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colourful and pretty butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your stitching. I really like those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your happy butterflies..so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very excited to see your butterfly sampler grow! I also belong to the same Craftsy class but have been waiting to get started until I finished another class I have been taking.... can't wait to get started now I've seen your sampler! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Butterfly Sampler. I'm looking forward to seeing the embroidery and beads that you add to it. And the HocusPocusVille patterns are such fun.

    Thanks of linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete