Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

RSC – August

I didn’t work on anything for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month until I sat down earlier this week and made the three Sampler Blocks for August. I doubt I’ll get anything more done this month for RSC, so I will need to play catch-up in September with my paper pieced cats and paper pieced trees. Hopefully that won’t be a problem.

I decided to use dark blue, gray, and black for the Sampler Blocks. I am pleased with how they turned out, and I am getting excited to see what the quilt top ends up being once I get my alternate stars done and everything laid out on the design wall.

For the Bullseye Sampler Block I went with some darker blues…



I don’t really have much indigo in my fabrics, but I do like these two dark blues in this block.

For Mr. Roosevelt’s Necktie I used some grays.



There is also a little bit of purple and green in there, but that’s fine. I have had those lighter grays for quite some time and just never found something to use them in. I decided this would work.

Finally, I used black for the Road to California Sampler Block.



I have a lot of black and white prints, so I decided to use that instead of a black on black or solid black. I was thinking with all the color in the quilt, the black might stick out too much.


So that’s it for me for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for August. I will be linking up with Angela at So Scrappy. Head over for some lovely projects.

11 comments:

  1. You've got a wonderful selection of fabrics represented in your blocks. I wouldn't worry about "catching up"... we can't be ALL RSC all the time!! Ask me how I know. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started this week and that's about all that i got done...3 blocks :)

    Yours are very nice...I like the variety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bullseye block is a real standout, and I like the grays in the California block. I have a hard time telling the colors in the necktie block, but that could be a lighting problem. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi stopping by to see what you're doing. The top block is totally indigo. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great to have the blocks for the RSC quilt finished before month's end. I agree with LeeAnn. The first block is truly indigo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good blocks. I have a small collection of grays, light to medium in value, and have also had a hard time finding ways or places to use them. I might have to create a project just to use them up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks. You did a great job selecting the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great blocks. I spent lots of garden prep time this week and the sewing time suffered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The grays and blacks are great additions to your block. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks all look great. A nice mixture of the darker colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks look beautiful. Love those prints.

    ReplyDelete