Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

It’s Been Quiet Around Here

A little too quiet…I haven’t done any sewing this week. I have actually been clearing out and cleaning up the sewing room. You know what that means…make a horrendous mess before it gets better. I also have been cleaning the house and running errands. This morning we had to do our health screening for health insurance through hubby’s work. Ugh! I hate doing that. But it’s done, we both passed all the health indicators, so we saved ourselves $100 per month in premium costs.

While cleaning the sewing room, I am finding fabrics from so long ago it makes my head hurt trying to figure out how old they are. So, I am getting rid of a bunch of stuff, including fabric. Fortunately there are some fine ladies at my quilt guild who love to go through the items on the free table at our meetings, so I’m sure I can get rid of all the fabric necessary. I think I am also going to bite the bullet and get rid of a bunch of my scraps. First I am going to go through and cut 2-1/2 inch strips and squares, then toss the rest. I rarely make “scrap” quilts…I tend to be too matchy-matchy and need to have things “just so”, and I usually just use the fabrics on my shelves. So, I will go through them all once, then off they go. I only have so much space in my sewing room and it has become so unmanageable that I can’t enjoy going in there to sew. Time to fix that!

I did squeeze in the sewing room last week to make one project that I haven’t shown yet…



This is an iPad cover for my husband’s new iPad. He bought himself one for his birthday this past weekend. Here is another shot of it with the Pad in it…



I like how this one turned out. I made one for myself a few years ago when he bought me an iPad, but my cover is not as nice as this one is J

In between cleaning the sewing room and cleaning around the house this week, I also sat down with HocusPocusVille on Tuesday.



I haven’t worked on HPV for several weeks now, and I really missed it. This particular block is a bit time consuming, plus I have been spending my hand stitching time working on my Butterfly Sampler, so it has been ignored of late. When I get off the computer, I plan on heading downstairs to do a bit more cleaning in the sewing room, then some time on the treadmill, then I will sit down with Netflix and HPV for a while later this afternoon.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment