Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

ALYOF August Finish

I finished my August goal! I was #2 on Goal Setting Party.

Here is my finish…



And here is my helper who inspected it when it was done…



This is a flannel 9-Patch quilt top made from shirts from my dad. He passed away in April and when I was out west for the funeral my sisters mentioned I should make a quilt from his shirts. So, I brought a bunch home (he had tons!). The lighter squares in the quilt top are a purchased flannel, and I just received more of that lighter colored flannel that I will use as the backing. I hope to get quilting on this sometime next week after picking up some batting. I’ll have to find a lighter weight batting for this because it is already heavy and it is going to one of my sisters and they live in California and Arizona. It doesn’t get nearly as cold there as it does here in East Tennessee. And, I have a second quilt top started from his shirts (with a different light colored purchased flannel), so that will be a high priority on my list of to-dos in the next couple of months. I hope to have both ready to give to my sisters at Christmas.

I will be linking up at the ALYOF August Finishes Party at Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts.


1 comment:

  1. Such a nice tribute to your dad! Congrats on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete