Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wednesday Again…

I didn’t realize it’s been almost a week since my last post. Things have just been cruising along here…getting bits of this and that done. Let’s see what’s been happening…

I’ve been able to get a few more flannel 9-Patches completed. I’m now at 44, with 19 to go…for the first quilt. I hope to finish the blocks for this top in July. We’ll see how it goes.

Today I was able to get a kit cut for a Ronald McDonald House quilt, and the pieces cut for the two Sampler blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge…



I love the red. These blocks will make a nice addition to Rainbow Sampler quilt.

Finally, I’ve been doing a bit of hand stitching this past week. I’ve worked on HocusPocusVille and my hexie flowers. But I’m most excited about working on the Butterfly Sampler for the Sue Spargo class on Craftsy…



This is the background for the sampler. I have a few more pieces to stitch to the wool background, and hope to finish those this week. Then I can start on the butterflies. I’ve enjoyed watching the lessons for this class…Sue primarily demonstrates her method of layering the background for the purposes of creating more texture, and she demonstrates the embroidery stitches.

I have chili in the crock pot for dinner tonight…I know, it’s almost 90 degrees and we’re having chili…but the family asked for it. So, hubby just got home and I need to get off the computer to spend some time with him before our daughter gets home from work and it’s time to eat. I hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment