Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

This Week

On my Design Wall this week…



These are 9-patches from one of the flannel quilts I’m making. I have 44 done on this one and I need 19 more. If I finish up my other projects this week, I’ll do more work on this. I’ll be linking up at Patchwork Times…head over for some lovely projects.

This week I’m going to get better acquainted with my new sewing machine…



This is my new Husqvarna Viking Opal 650. So far, so good. I bought it Friday and when I got home I finished up FMQ a wall hanging with it. It went well. I had a Viking Rose (for almost 18 years), so I’m familiar with the Vikings and all of my extra accessories fit this one! Yay! So, this week I will spend a bit more time with it and make a label for my wall hanging and get the binding and hanging apparatus put on. Then I’ll be hand stitching down the binding.

Once that is completed, I’ll get back to work on the Butterfly Sampler.



I have to stitch down the last 10 butterflies. After that, there is still a bit of hand applique to do before I start the embroidery. But I’m enjoying it all the same.


That’s about all I think we have going on around here this week. Nothing special, except I’ll be going to Joann’s for our guild Ronald McDonald House Quilts sew-in on Sunday. My only commitment this week! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Stay cool!

2 comments:

  1. Love your flannel 9 patches! I am working on a flannel quilt this week, too.

    ReplyDelete