This week has been a mixed bag in my sewing room. I’ve spent some time working on Ronald McDonald House quilt stuff for my guild. I started working on a Disappearing Four Patch that the RMH Chair gave me to do. I realized why I have never attempted one…all the fiddly seams to match when you sew the blocks back together. Not my cup of tea. Ergh. I also got some more fabric cut for some RMH sew-ins we will be hosting over the next few months.
I finished my wall hanging for my ALYOF goal.
I will be writing more about this next week, but this is not my favorite project ever. However, it’s done and will go on the wall in my sewing room and I will enjoy it. J
I also spent a little time stitching out the July block for the Vintage Kitchen BOM.
I changed it up a bit from the original pattern, but I like it just fine.
Finally, I’ve been spending a little time every day working on the Butterfly Sampler for Sue Spargo’s Craftsy class.
It’s slow going, but I am soooo enjoying it. I just really enjoy applique and hand stitching. I have all the butterflies finally stitched down and started on the bodies this weekend. I have 8 more to go, so I hope to get them stitched down this evening. Then it will be time to start appliqueing some cotton fabrics on top of the wool.
It’s been five weeks since my last Stash Report, mostly because there hasn’t been any movement in my stash until this past week. I had .75 yard go out for guild projects, and I had about 2.75 yards out for completing the wall hanging. I
used a lot of fabric working with the monogramming and programming functions of
my new sewing machine trying to make a label
for the wall hanging. I finally just used a pen. Though, I haven’t given up on
making labels with my machine…I just really
wanted to get it done and decided three waste practice labels was
enough. I also added some more fabric to my shelves…I picked up two more yards
of Kona Snow for my ongoing RSC projects, and I also picked up a
couple of fat quarter bundles while I was at the fabric store last week. So, my
new numbers have a net increase in fabric added…
Stash Report Week 30 of 2015:
Used in 2015: 22.00 yards
Added in 2015: 45.25 yards
Total net used 2015: 23.25 yards
Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add
So that’s about it from here for the week. This afternoon is another Ronald McDonald House quilts sew-in for our guild.