Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

RSC – Red!

All the red fabric! I’m not usually fond of red, but I’m certainly enjoying the bright colors for my July blocks.

I’ve been able to complete all of my red projects I wanted to get done for July. The first week I finished my paper pieced projects; the tree and the cat…







Then on Thursday I sat down and put together the two sampler blocks for July…





I think they all turned out lovely and bright. If you notice in the first Sampler Block I didn't quite follow Angela's directions and cut 1-1/2 inch strips to sew together. I looked in my red scrap bucket and I already had a few strips in there of various widths, so I just grabbed them and used them. I think it worked out just fine, plus I was able to use up what I had instead of having to cut more fabric. They will look great in the finished quilt top.

I was also able to put together a couple of red hexie flowers, but I didn’t take photos of them. Maybe I’ll get more done and take a photo of them all by the end of July.

So, I’ve completed my main priority blocks for July’s RSC. I don’t know if I’ll get around to any more red projects this month, but I feel like I’ve accomplished something. Still plenty of other things I need to do though J

I will be linking up at So Scrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Head over for some lovely red projects.

6 comments:

  1. Being creative with your scraps is what it's all about. Great job on both lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to make your scraps work with the Lantern block. Using scraps on hand is the best part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your red blocks. I want to make the tree and cat blocks next year during the RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler blocks look great! So smart to use what you have and made it work. That's what this challenge is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of RED either, but it does brighten things up a bit. Congrats! on completing your goals so early in the month.

    ReplyDelete