Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

ALYOF July Finish

I finished my goal for ALYOF for July (#1 on the Goal Setting Party).



I had so many hopes for this wall hanging, but it came up a little short. I found the fabrics and was excited to use them with my cat dye that goes with my AccuQuilt Go cutter, but the lack of contrast between the cats and the background really bothers me. But, it’s done; it looks okay; and it’s going to be fine on the wall of my sewing room.

This was a project I was working on when I bought my new sewing machine, so I was able to get right into FMQ with the machine and it worked well. That made me quite happy! The thing that didn’t make me happy was trying to make the label. I really like the font on this machine (it only has one) because it is so much clearer and larger than the ones on my old machine (I had two). It was part of the reason I selected this model…so I could use it to make quilt labels. But the first label I made ran out of bobbin thread ON THE LAST LETTER of the label! Ugh! Then I was having problems centering the label. I finally set it aside and used a pen (after wasting quite a bit of fabric). I’ll get back to the label making with the machine, but I just needed to walk away from it by then and I wanted to finish the wall hanging.

So, I’m glad that one is finished. I started it in March or April, and had to set it aside when I headed out to CA during April. So it was staring at me for a while across the sewing room. It’s nice to have a finish.


I will be linking up with the Finishes Party at Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts. Head over for some lovely projects.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your disappointment, but it's still a cute wall hanging. Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very cute. There's enough contrast to see the cats and the fabrics are pretty!

    ReplyDelete