Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes – July Goal

Happy July everyone! It’s hard to believe the year is half over. It’s been jammed pack so far. I truly hope things settle down for the next six months. I’ve hardly completed anything I had wanted to do in the sewing room this year, but unexpected things have come up and I’ve had to change some priorities. I hope to have the chance to complete some more items the second half of this year.

My goal for July’s A Lovely Year of Finishes is to finish this little cat wall hanging…



I really don’t care for it much. Bummer. I had this bundle of fat quarters with the triangles on them and I really liked the fabric and wanted to make something with them. I also have an AccuQuilt Go Cutter with the cat cutting dye and wanted to make something with that dye. So, in about March, I found the background fabric on my shelves and decided they would all play well together, so I set up the 9-Patch and then fused the cats to it. I was less than overwhelmed. Very little contrast…which is hard for me…but I guess low volume quilts are OK too. Just not what I’m used to. So, I found the border fabric on my shelves and added that, and decided to put a dark blanket stitch around each cat. I stitched around the middle cat, then put it away. It’s now time to get it done and put on a wall.

So, since it’s all pinned and ready to quilt, I’ll finish with the blanket stitch around the other eight cats, and then I’ll do some overall quilting around the cats inside the border. I’m not sure what yet, but I have the month to figure it out. I will probably do an all over paisley design or something similar. I probably won’t stipple it. Then in the border I think I will try quilting some cat paw prints. But first I need to do the blanket stitching. I think I will not ditch stitch it. I hope I’m not sorry. It’s about 24 inches square, so I think I may be all right not stitching in the ditch. We’ll see come the end of July. 

Anyway, I’m actually excited to get it done and have a finish. Hopefully it will be hanging on the wall of my sewing room by July 31.


I will be linking up for the July Goal Setting Party for ALYOF at Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts. Head on over for some lovely projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment