Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Vintage Embroidery Stitchery Link Party

I’ve got plenty of stitching going on around here, but today I’ll focus on the embroidery.

I was able to complete the June block for the Vintage Kitchen Block of the Month from Jenny of Elefantz. This is a free BOM and I think there are three more blocks to embroider, then I can put the wall hanging together. I switched up the block a little bit, but you can see the original pattern here. This is a photo of my finished block…



These are cute little (3-4 inches) projects that don’t take a lot of time, and I’ve enjoyed working on them. The instant gratification of finishing the blocks quickly is nice since I’m also working on larger projects. And speaking of larger projects…



This is where I’m at on the sixth block of HocusPocusVille. This is actually Block 12 in the series, I believe, but the sixth one I’ve worked on. I hope to get this one done in the next week or so and start on the next one. I’m getting anxious to put the quilt together.

That’s all the embroidery I did this week. I didn’t even pick up the Vintage Skate project. I think when I get the HPV block done I’ll take some time to just work on this.


I will be linking up with Super Mom – No Cape for the Stitchery Link Party. Head over for some lovely projects.

This morning after I hit the treadmill, I will try to make some headway on the HocusPocusVille block. After that I have to finish quilting a quilt for Ronald McDonald House, then I'll probably get some reading and genealogy done. Oh, and housework...yes, lots of housework! Have a wonderful Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda - Lovely stitching and lovely blog. I'm popping over from Super Mom - No Cape's Link Party. I hope you will pop over and visit mine - Best wishes,
    Kim
    WisdomwithNeedleandThread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the Hocus Pocus pattern for a couple of years but haven't started it. I'm glad to see you are making it, it will be a nice addition to your holiday quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I'm stopping by from the Stitchery Link Party. Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little Kitchen Vintage block and I love your Hocus Pocus stitchery too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, both projects are fabulous! I love, love, love your work on HocusPocusVille. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that little redwork canister set! Jenny has so many great patterns that she shares. The HocusPocus is such fun too.

    Thanks for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete