Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

This Week in Stitches

I’ve done a bit of stitching this first week in June. I finished the June block for the Vintage Kitchen BOM…



I changed my version a bit from the original pattern at Jenny of Elefantz. I just really wanted to see that flour canister J

I also did a little work on HocusPocusVille…



I do love HocusPocusVille! I hope to make some headway on this block this weekend.

For some quilting stitches, I brought my grandmother’s 9-Patch quilt out of the sewing room so I can work on it in the evenings…



This is the only hand quilting project I have going on right now. I have been doing mostly machine quilting for the past several years, so it’s been nice to have a slower paced hand quilting project to work on.

I also have my hexies. I have four ready to put together, and these big guys on the design wall…



I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do with these. They are very large – something like three inches on each side. These are just pieces from (mostly) old fabrics I’ve had on the shelves and I just wanted to use them in something. I think I might start putting them together into flowers, then finding a striking color to surround them with. I have a stack of these that I’m marking for hand piecing, so I’ll get to that soon.


I will be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching. Head over for some wonderful “handy”-work.

3 comments:

  1. All pretty projects...the kitchen one made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying watching each of these projects grow. I think I am going to do some hand- quilting today also. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great projects you have to enjoy!
    That redwork is adorable!

    ReplyDelete