Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Stash Report Week 25

It’s been a while, but here’s my Stash Report for this month…

I’ve been spending time lately working on household things and genealogy research, so I haven’t been doing much sewing at all the past few weeks. So, I have very little going out…only about ½ yard for my blocks for June for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

However, I have been out and about occasionally so I have picked up some fabrics…not necessarily a bad thing. I went on a mission a couple of weeks ago and headed over to the local quilt shop bound and determined to find fabric for the Challenge Quilt for our quilt guild for 2016. Here is my color card for the challenge…



We have to use at least three of the four colors and we can add a white or a gray or a black. All fabrics, threads, and embellishments must match the color card exactly. The white/gray/black can make up no more than 1/3 of the quilt surface.

I’ve only been able to find a couple of fabrics that would work (the red), but I really needed to find the blue in my colors for the background fabric. So, I spent about a half hour with one of the employees at the shop looking at pretty much EVERY bolt of blue fabric and solids. We finally came across an absolutely perfect match for the pale green (a solid – the color on the far right of the card), and we found a blue that matches my card. It actually has a bit of green in it, so it’s almost a teal. It wasn’t that noticeable until I started putting the card next to all the blues in the shop. The creamy looking color on the card is actually called Sheerest Pink and I have some Kona Bone solid fabric that matches it. While I was at the shop I was also able to pick up a variety of threads that match my card. I think I am set for the Challenge! But, it did set my stash numbers back 5 yards…oh well.

Let’s see…I also ran over to Joann’s to pick up some backing fabric. I wanted some for a quilt I was loading on the longarm for practice. So I picked up 2.5 yards of backing fabric (on sale) and now that’s loaded on the machine and hopefully I can spend some time practicing my longarm skills J While I was at Joann’s, I found a bright pink flannel to use as some trim on some pillowcases I want to get made (also on sale – couldn’t refuse that deal!) Another yard added. Finally, earlier this week I was in the Joann’s shopping center so I wandered in to see if they had any fat quarters for a project I’m getting ready to start. Of course they did! And they were half price! Another 1.5 yards into my stash.

So that’s 10 more yards into the stash…but they are all for a purpose. That makes it OK, right??

Stash Report Week 25 of 2015:

Used in 2015:            18.50 yards

Added in 2015:          40.75 yards

Total net used 2015: 22.25 yards

Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add

I will be linking up at Patchwork Times for this week’s Stash Report.




No comments:

Post a Comment