Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching

I did a bit of hand stitching this week. I was able to complete four hexie flowers for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge



I have another dozen or so cut out with the paper on them, so I’ve been spending some time this week getting them all prepped to hand stitch. I’d like to get one done a day. Maybe that will put a dent into the pile. I need to start getting the grey fabric ready to make the pathway between the hexie flowers. It seems the prep work takes as long as the actual stitching.

I also started the seventh block for HocusPocusVille…




And I spent a little time working on the Vintage Skate embroidery…



The holly berries are done!

I may try to stitch up another hexie flower tonight. I have to head out this afternoon for our guild Ronald McDonald House get together. We will be doing some cutting to get some kits ready to sew. Doesn’t three hours of rotary cutting sound like fun? It’s all for a good cause, so I’ll keep that in mind. We have a good time together so it should be a nice afternoon.


That’s about it around here this week. I’ll be linking up at Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

2 comments:

  1. You are correct about prep work! I was just thinking that the other day. Between hexies and / or hexie starflowers and applique stuff, I spend as much time cutting out freezer paper stuff, starching and ironing etc as sewing :)

    Your hexies are lovely...one a day is very good. I think I'm slower than that : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My back is aching just thinking about all that rotary cutting. I totally agree that sometimes the prep seems endless, but in the end it is all worth it.

    ReplyDelete