My goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes for June is to get these blocks made into a quilt top…
These are Disappearing 9-Patch blocks, and this top is for a Ronald McDonald House quilt. The RMH Chair of our guild gave me a stack of 9-Patches yesterday at our RMH sew-in, and asked me to put them together into a Disappearing 9-Patch. So, there you go. I think this is a totally do-able goal for me for June. I already started on it today by slicing up the 9-Patches and sewing them into “two-sies”. There is not a lot of contrast, so it’s a bit hard to see in the photo, but in person the quilt will be just fine for its purpose. Just looking at the photo now, I think I sewed some of the two-sies wrong! Oh no! I'll have to go check and see where I made the mistakes!
I’ve spent some more time today cutting pieces for kits for RMH quilts for the guild, and starting the quilting on an RMH quilt. This may just be a big RMH month for me…we’ll have to see what I can accomplish for them this month.
I will be linking up with the June Goal Setting Party at ALYOF with Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts.