Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June Finish ALYOF

I had a very modest goal for June for A Lovely Year of Finishes (#10 on the goal setting party). My goal was to put together a Disappearing 9-Patch top for a Ronald McDonald House charity quilt. I’m pleased to say I got it done.

I was originally given some 9-Patches by our guild RMH Chair and was asked to make them into a Disappearing 9-Patch top. I have never made a Disappearing 9-Patch, so I was up for it. I cut the blocks through the middle, top to bottom and side to side, then rearranged them. I finally got them pieced back together. They are very large blocks so I was able to trim off any wonky piecing along the edges and still have 16 inch blocks. I have not been in the mood to sew this month, for some reason…maybe it’s too hot or something… but I finally made it back down to the sewing room midway through June and got the top put back together. Ta-da!



Not a lot of contrast in this top, so the green “crosses” kind of blend in with the other “variety” blocks. Also, the small yellow blocks don’t stand out as much as they could. The green and the yellow blocks are the ones that got cut in the original 9-Patch. I really like this pattern, so I think I will find three fabrics and make one that shows a lot of contrast. Sometime…after I finish all the things I already have going…maybe next year  J


I will be linking up with the Finishes Party for A Lovely Year of Finishes for June at Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts. Head over for some lovely projects.

1 comment:

  1. That turned out really cute. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete