Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

I’ve Been Busy This Week…

But not necessarily in the sewing room. I’ve been spending a lot of time this week working on genealogy…organizing mostly, but getting some research done. I have boxes and files and papers everywhere and it just all needs to be contained. I got some things done, but a lot of stuff just needs to be gone through and tossed. My big accomplishment this week has been to get my genealogy computer files sorted out, so I think I can finally get my digital files in order.

I did get a few things accomplished in the sewing room. Yesterday I put together the center for the first June Sawtooth Sampler Block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge…



I think it turned out pretty nice. I plan on finishing the block today.

I also finished sewing together the blocks for the Disappearing 9-Patch quilt I’m making for Ronald McDonald House…



There are nine blocks on the wall, each about 16 inches square. I’m going to have to press them well and then square them up, probably cutting them down to about 15-1/2 inches or smaller. The pieces were cut by one person, the original 9-Patches were pieced by another person, and I cut the 9-Patch blocks and put them back together. The blocks turned out…interesting. Hopefully I can get these cleaned up, put into rows and the quilt top put together by the beginning of next week. This is my ALYOF project for June, so I’d like to get it done as soon as I can.

I also made some progress on the sixth HocusPocusVille block. I don’t have a photo of it, but what is left to do on the block all fits within the embroidery hoop, so I really hope to get that finished today as well. Once that’s done, I can spend a little time working on the Vintage Skate embroidery.


That’s about it from here. This weekend will be a big clean-up. We’ll be bringing out the carpet cleaner tomorrow and hopefully by the end of the weekend the carpets will look better. I’ve been wanting to clean them since we had to put one of our dogs to sleep the last week in April. We just haven’t had the opportunity, but we’re doing it tomorrow. Fingers crossed that nothing comes up between now and 8 am Saturday! I hope you’ve had a good week and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment