Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

This Week in Stitches

Not a lot of stitching went on this week. I didn’t even pick up the Vintage Skate stitching, but I did finish a fifth HocusPocusVille block…



Pretty cute, huh? With a sharp eye you can see that I haven’t stitched up everything on these blocks. For example, this block has two bats traced above the building. There are also some blocks that have places where French knots should have been made, but I didn’t do them. That’s because when I’m done (after making and quilting the quilt, probably), I plan on adding beads and buttons to the quilt. I plan on making the buttons (bats, cats, birds, etc.) with Sculpey clay. We’ll see how it goes. I also have some seed beads to add in some of the places where there are French knots. For example, in the next block I’m doing below, there are circles around the sign that says “Used Brooms”. I will stitch beads around the sign rather than adding French knots or stitching the circles.

Here is the block I’m doing for June…



This is the actual pattern page. I have it traced on fabric, but it’s easier to see on the pattern. Also, this is the 12th block in the pattern, but I’m doing it now…because it was on top of the stack of traced patterns so it was the next to grab J

The only other hand stitching I did this week were two hexie flowers for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge



Today I’ll be out on the hunt for some fabrics for a quilt guild challenge, and some batting and backing fabric for a quilt that needs to get done. I thought it would be easy to find the fabrics I need for the challenge, but it isn’t. I’m hoping to find some solids today that match my colors. We’ll see how it goes. Hope you have a great day!

I will be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching and the Vintage Stitchery Party. Head on over for some lovely projects.


10 comments:

  1. Lovely little hexie flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HocusPocusVille is coming along great. I am enjoying watching it grow. I am looking forward to seeing all those special embellishments you are planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hexies ... great fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I like the idea of the add one. This looks like a really nice project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun broom store blocks! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 'Hocus Pocus' block.... they look like fun to stitch and what a great idea to make sculpey buttons! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! I just love your HocusPocusVille!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hocus pocus block is great!

    I love your hexie flowers. I had to buy some more hexie papers on the weekend because mine were getting to the point where the flowers weren't coming out even. Now that I've got new ones, I need to get to cutting up some squares so I have a take along project.

    Thanks for linking up again to this weekend Stitchery Link Party and linking back.

    ReplyDelete