Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Stitching Right Along

I took my embroidery with me when we went camping last week, but of course I didn’t get a lot done.

I started out working on HocusPocusVille, and I got this far on the fifth block…



…when I ran out of floss. I didn’t bring any extra. Can you believe it?! So, I pulled out the Vintage Skate and did a little bit on it…



I just did the bit around the “Winter” button, and started on the pine needles. I plan to get more done this weekend.

Yesterday I worked at our quilt guild annual quilt show (the 35th one!), and I wandered around for a little bit before my shift. I hope to get some photos up in the next few days. Until then, head over to Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. I will also be linking up with Super Mom - No Cape for the Monday Stitchery Link Up Party. Check out the lovely embroidery projects there.


7 comments:

  1. Cute embroidery! I haven't tried that type yet but the variety of designs I've been seeing are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to work on your skate embroidery when you ran out of thread for your other project. Happy stitching to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can believe you ran out. I recently took quilting somewhere and forgot the thimble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you hate when that happens?!?! You did get quite a bit done before that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, can I relate! I took my stitching with me and forgot to take my scissors this weekend. Luckily, I went to a friend's house and she had a pair I could borrow. I have taken stitching elsewhere and forgotten scissors or my box of floss. Once, I forgot the cross-stitch chart.

    Your Hocuspocusville is fabulous! I had to scroll through your past posts to see the ones you have finished, and I found the pattern at Crab Apple Hill Studio. What a great project! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always bring something to work on, even if I don't think I'll have time because you never know! Progress is progress - looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any bit of progress is good as it means that you're that much closer to a finish.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back.

    ReplyDelete