Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

RSC – Green Days

We were out of town for most of this week, but I was able to put together a few more alternate blocks over the last couple of days, and I was able to put together the second Sampler Block…


Pardon the big blurb of a shadow in the lower right of the photo!

I think I am caught up with colors for the alternate blocks for the Rainbow Sampler Quilt. I had a few problems with my alternate blocks, so I may be rebuilding them before they go into a quilt. I obviously had some issues with my seam allowances, though I thought I had it figured out. Seams still didn’t always match. However, I like what I’ve done so far. I’m going to have to get out the previous months’ Sampler Blocks and put everything up on the design wall with the alternate blocks to see how it all looks. I’m getting excited about this going together!

Other than that, I spent some time on Thursday starting to piece the green postage stamp block. Next week I’ll need to finish that up and get the cat and tree blocks done, along with the final green Sampler Block.

That’s about it for the week. I will be linking up at So Scrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for May. Head over for some lovely projects.


9 comments:

  1. Your sampler blocks look great! Hope you get some time to stitch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars are really sparkling because you have such a wonderful mix of values.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's RSC sampler block quilts come together this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on your alternate blocks. Looking forward to seeing this one come together. N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. It's so nice to see all the colours together.

    ReplyDelete