Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

My Favorite Green

I love green. It is probably my most favorite color! I love all shades of green, and boy, do I have them in my stash!

First, here’s the best green of all…



This was the view from the front door of my trailer last weekend when we went camping at Cumberland Mountain State Park in Tennessee. I love when the trees start opening up their leaves in the spring. Our trees here in the Tennessee Valley have had their leaves out for a few weeks, but on the Plateau they are still just opening. It was so nice to get away and get refreshed for more sewing after a rough April.

And I did get a little sewing in this week! Yay! I was able to complete the green Sawtooth Star in a Sawtooth Star Sampler Block…



I really like how it turned out.

I also got my greens cut for my postage stamp block…



…and my fabrics picked out for my green Rainbow Forest Trees and my paper pieced cat. I was actually able to find 100 different fabrics for my squares for the green postage stamp block…I told you I liked green!


That’s about it for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for this first week in May. I’m looking forward to getting more RSC projects done this month. I’ll be linking up at SoScrappy for the Saturday link up. Head over for some lovely green projects!

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! 100 different GREEN fabric scraps? AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the greens are good, but the kitty... really good. The vintage kitchen stitching, great! I want to redo my kitchen to look 40's but with new appliances. Red... aqua... LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a lot of greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So many beautiful green prints and shades!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do like green! So many pretty shades in your postage stamp and they all play so well together

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite color is green too. Great job on getting so much done.

    ReplyDelete