Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Green Saturday

I was able to work a bit with some greens this week. I made some alternate blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler Quilt…



These are three green alternate blocks with the first green sampler for May. As you can see, I’ve decided to go with a small Sawtooth Star for the alternate blocks. I will frame them in the Kona Snow background fabric. I saw a similar quilt last month in a magazine and decided that was what I wanted to do with the Sampler Quilt. So, I’ve gotten three green ones done.

I also started some for the previous months of this year…



The blue and purple ones are done (the upper left star is actually a blue-green color in real life) and I have started piecing yellow and pink stars. I should have them done and caught up by the end of May.

Today is an out and about day. We are going RV shopping. Not that we’re going to get anything new today, but we have been discussing getting something smaller than our monstrous 5th wheel; so we are kinda, sorta, maybe looking at something else. We’ll see what we come across. We are taking off camping tomorrow, so it will give us more time to discuss whether or not we really want to get something smaller or stick with what we have. We’re really waffling on this one. Anyway, we need to run out and get our stuff done this morning, because this afternoon is going to be a typical spring afternoon…hot and humid. Not the best for walking around an RV parking lot. We’re hoping for some rain this afternoon or evening, but the chances are not looking great for today. We have had no rain at our house all month, and the grass is starting to show it. A good soaking this afternoon would be nice.

I will be linking up with Angela at So Scrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Head over for some lovely projects.



10 comments:

  1. What a great idea for alternate blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stars, and I like the idea of a smaller star or two in the alternate space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice for the alternate blocks. Will you make four as a 'block'?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the alternate blocks too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your Sawtooth Star blocks! Looking forward to seeing your collection grow as the months pass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks. It's going to be a bold and bright quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also think that's a wonderful alternate block. How creative! We've just had a pop up camper for years and years and years and years. Still suits us just fine except for the no bathroom - especially when grandkids are come along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Live all your stars. Look forward to seeing them come together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing your stars come together in a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete