Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Done With Green

…at least for now. Here is the sum total of what I did for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for the month of May…



I actually got a lot more done than I anticipated. I’m pretty excited about that!

This week I completed the paper pieced cat and one of the Rainbow Forest trees…




At the moment, I’m sticking with one green tree. I might make more later, but I think I’m going to just make one of each color now, then see where I’m at by the end of the year. This is going to be a wall hanging and I have some ideas for it, but I don’t want it to get too big. Here are all the trees I have done so far…



This week I also finished the Sampler blocks and the green postage stamp block. Here are all the postage stamp blocks I have so far…



No blue one, I know. I have it partly put together from January, and the remainder is cut out. I guess I’ll get it finished for June with light blue…it does have some light blues in it.

Also, here are all my Rainbow Sampler Blocks plus the alternate blocks I’m using…



I will frame the alternate blocks with the Kona Snow background. I’m really pleased with how they are turning out.

Finally, I did get two green hexie flowers stitched this week…



I’m pretty pleased with the progress I made for the month of May with my greens. For next month, I’ll try to work on the same projects. I already have my blue fabrics pulled out and I have some hexie flowers cut out. That will give me some hand work to do in the evenings.

I will be linking up with Angela at So Scrappy. Head over for some wonderful projects.




11 comments:

  1. Your projects are turning out wonderfully. I love how your alternate blocks for the Sawtooth Star quilt. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty green blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I like your stars! That's going to be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice bunch of projects on the go. Each of them are progressing well. Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sampler blocks! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your alternate blocks will add some great movement in the quilt. Lots of good green work completed in May.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know, it's good to be pleased with what you've made... I guess I'm pleased with mine as well. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be pleased with that progress! I like your choice of alternate blocks for the sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great projects! I love how your sampler quilt is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great bunch of blocks! I'm wondering if your alternate blocks would look even more fabulous turned on point?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your projects! Especially your trees.

    ReplyDelete