Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

ALYOF Finishes Party

For A Lovely Year of Finishes for May, my goal (#2 at the Goal Setting Party) was to complete fifty 9-Patch blocks from the fabric of my dad’s flannel shirts. Well, I didn’t quite get there.

As a reminder, I’m planning on making two 9-Patch quilts for my two sisters from the flannel shirts I brought back from my dad’s place in April after he passed away. When we were going through my dad’s closet, my oldest sister thought it would be great if I made us all quilts out of his shirts…there were DOZENS! I don’t know how many shirts one man can wear, but it did give me lots of fabric. Most of his shirts are dark colors, so for contrast, I ended up purchasing some light flannels to make up the 9-Patches. I bought two different light flannels, so I’ll use one light color for each of the quilts. Here is what is actually completed so far…




I have completed 18 blocks total and I have 16 partially pieced on my sewing table. I’m chain piecing, so I have quite a few going at once. I know there are a few days still left in the month and I could get more done, but it’s not going to happen. Anyway, I’m a ways from 50 so I’ll have to declare this goal incomplete. I’ll probably push this one into June.

So, that’s it for me. I will be linking up at Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts for the May Finishes Party. Head over for some great projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment