Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday’s Plan



That’s a photo of a lap quilt I made for my dad a couple of years ago. The pattern is Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs, and it’s my “go to” pattern for a quick quilt. I made this quilt out of homespun fabrics (which in my experience tend to unravel), and when I got this quilt back home and ran it through the wash, I noticed some seams were loose on it. So, yesterday I put it under the walking foot, and now all the seams are back in place. I’ve put this in the trailer for our camping trip this weekend.

I was also able to piece together a backing for the flannel quilt I’m making for the trailer. Here is the quilt top…



I picked up some ticking for leader cloths and attached them to my quilt frame yesterday, so this morning I plan on loading this quilt on the frame and getting started on it. I think I know how I want to quilt it, so hopefully I can still get it quilted and the binding machine stitched on to take with us. Then I can hand stitch the binding on it over the weekend. My hubby is planning another camping trip in a couple of weeks, so I’m pretty certain it will be ready by that trip.

I also hope to get some work done on the 4th block of HocusPocusVille today. I did a little bit on it yesterday, and I still hope to get it done by the last day of April.

Otherwise, in between I’ll be continuing on today what I was doing yesterday. I did make it out to run some errands – though I have to go out again tomorrow for some more errands. But today will be a day at home. I still have lots to do to get the trailer ready for Friday; plus I have some things to do in the house before we leave. I got the English Muffins made yesterday, so the next few days will be days to make a batch of refrigerator pickles for next week, and a crock pot full of chili so we can take some this weekend. I also need to make a batch of mac & cheese so all we have to do is heat that up for dinner Friday night when we get to the campsite.


Today I’ll be doing loads (and loads!) of laundry and getting the trailer packed up (my hubby got it cleaned up over the weekend). That will probably also fill up the rest of my week! I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment