Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge for April

Since this is the last Saturday in April, and since I’m not going to be completing any more projects for this month for RSC, I will do a recap of what I’ve accomplished with my purple projects for April.

First, I must say that I loved working with the purples. I’m not a huge fan of purple, but I had a lot of scraps from a project I worked on a couple of years ago, so it was nice to use some of that fabric. And the purple was surprisingly soothing to my eyes!

I completed both Sampler blocks for April…




I completed the first Sampler block the day Angela posted it, then I just completed the second one Wednesday after getting back from our trip. For some reason I had quite the problem with the second block. I suspect my mind and heart weren’t really into sewing, but I needed to be back in the sewing room. But, after I got the center 9-patch part done, I realized I had sewn one row upside down, and the other two rows were totally off on their seams. Ugh. I got the one row right side up, but it took me three more times to get the other two rows lined up properly to where I was happy (enough) with them. Double Ugh. But, they’re done and ready to go into the finished quilt.

I was also able to complete my purple postage stamp block on Wednesday…



I love it!

Before I left town earlier this month, I was able to also complete my two purple trees for the Rainbow Forest…




…the paper pieced cat…



…and one hexie flower.




So that’s it for me for purple in April. I’m waiting for the color for May and look forward to completing more colorful projects. I will be linking up at SoScrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Head on over for some lovely purple projects.

10 comments:

  1. You've accomplished a lot! Great job with all the purples. Now I'm thinking I should go back and do a postage stamp block from each month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been really busy. I'm not fond of purple either however by the end I wasn't minding it all that much. In fact did a bit more with purples last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress! That's a lot of quilts to have in process, but they will all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trees. Oh, how I love the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks, especially love the purple trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your purple postage stamp! i'll have to remember that for next year- I still have LOTS and lots of squares left (of all colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your head and heart will return to the sewing room once you've had time to process your grief. I couldn't quilt for about 6 months after my Dad passed away. You are doing well to have gotten additional blocks sewn this month.
    Peace to Piece... Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely purples and the Rainbow Forest is going to look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your purple projects! Especially the kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love your postage stamp block. So many pretty purples all together in one block. So sorry that the second sampler block gave you trouble. Hopefully the next one will go easier.

    ReplyDelete