Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Design Wall This Week



My Design Wall has everything I completed in April. Not much, but I was out of town 10 days. The top redwork embroidery is from Jenny of Elefantz’s Vintage Kitchen BOM, otherwise the blocks are all from my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.

I have also done some work on the 4th HocusPocusVille block since I’ve been home, though I haven’t taken a photo of my progress yet. I still hope to finish it this week.

Yesterday I was supposed to head out to our guild Ronald McDonald House quilting get-together, but apparently something we ate decided to haunt my husband and me. So, our plans were scrapped for the day and we stayed at home (he was supposed to skate yesterday afternoon). Bummer.

Today, I need to run over to the pet store to pick up some Pill Pockets for the dogs, and since Joann’s is right next door I may need to stop in. J I actually would like to pick up some ticking for leader cloths for my quilt frame. Saturday night we added the extra five feet to my quilt frame, so now I have a full ten feet of quilting frame. I have several large quilts that have been waiting to be quilted until we added those five feet. I have ticking I could piece together, but I think I would prefer having 10 continuous feet of leader cloth instead of pieced cloth. Last time I was in there they didn’t have 10 continuous feet on their bolts, so I’ll have to see what they have today.

Aside from that trip out, I will be making some pasta salad for dinner, and working on getting the trailer ready to head out for a weekend at Cumberland Mountain State Park. This time next week, I’ll be right here…



Well, actually I think we have the campsite directly across the road from this one, but you get the picture. No (good) wi-fi, so the computers and iPads will stay at home J.

I hope to also be able to work on HocusPocusVille, and I would like to piece a backing for the flannel quilt for the trailer. If I can get the backing pieced today and load the quilt on the quilt frame, I still may be able to get it quilted this week, and get the binding on to the point of needing to hand stitch it down. I may not get it stitched down before we leave this weekend, but I can take it with me and finish it over the weekend. Fingers crossed!


I will be linking up at Patchwork Times with Design Wall Monday. Head over for some lovely projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment