Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

April Stash Report

I haven’t done a stash report for the month of April, but not a lot has changed. My father passed away over Easter weekend and we made a trip out to California for his service, so we haven’t even been back home for a week yet. Before I left I did a little bit in the sewing room, and since we got back Monday I’ve been hanging out in the sewing room, but not getting much more done. I have used up about .5 yard working through my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for April.

Stash Report Week 17 of 2015:

Used in 2015:            11.75 yards

Added in 2015:          9.75 yards

Total net used 2015: 2.0 yards

Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add

A few days ago I also bagged up 10 plastic grocery bags full of fabric from my scrap/stash/backing pile. They really were taking up lots of space in my sewing room, and I need to clear some things out to make room for some changes in here. So, those are probably going to the thrift store. These are fabrics that aren’t just bits and pieces; they are fabrics of a yard or more each. I hope someone can put them to good use. It’s actually a relief just to have them out of the sewing room. I’m not counting that fabric out of my stash, because I want to use my Stash Report as a record for me to see what I actually use (or add!).

And, I did bring home a huge bag of my dad’s flannel shirts. I need to run them through the wash and figure out what I have, then I will get them cut up and add them to my stash. I think I will make some simple lap quilts out of them for both of my sisters and myself.

I knew I was going to be heading out for a long trip, so I went ahead and finished tracing the remaining blocks for HocusPocusVille so I had something to occupy my time on the trip. Wouldn’t you know that I didn’t pick up my stitching even one time!

Before we left I did complete the April block for the Vintage Kitchen BOM at Jenny of Elefantz…



These are such cute and quick little projects. I’m looking forward to putting together the wall hanging when the embroideries are done.

Since I didn’t get a chance to work on stitching while on my trip, I am going to focus on getting the next HocusPocusVille block done this coming week.

This afternoon is another get together for Ronald McDonald House quilts for our guild. Today we will be quilting, so I have my machine and walking foot all ready to go. I may be adventurous and bring along my FMQ foot too. I hope you all have a slow and pieceful Sunday!


I will be linking up with the Stash Report at Patchwork Times.

2 comments: