Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

ALYOF April Goal

My ALYOF goals for this year so far have been working on the Times and Seasons Piecemakers Calendar from 1998. So far, so good. However, this month real life is throwing me a curveball so I need to change things up a bit. I may be out of the state on a family matter for quite a bit of April, so I am going to scale way back on my goals for the month.

For my April ALYOF goal, I want to stitch down the binding on this charity quilt…



This is part of the backing. It’s the cute flannel quilt with snowmen that I quilted earlier in March, and then machine stitched on the binding. It’s been waiting for about 2 weeks for me to turn the binding and hand stitch it down. So that is my goal. This is a guild quilt for Ronald McDonald House.

As far as other things go…

Yesterday I loaded another Ronald McDonald House quilt onto my long arm, so I think I will spend some time today trying to get that quilted. I’d also like to get some binding for it cut and sewn together so I can take the quilted top and binding to our guild meeting next week. There are many members who enjoy doing binding, so this one would be all ready to go for one of them.

I also plan on working on projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in April as time permits. The color is purple, and it is really soothing looking at all the purple fabric when I lay it out on the cutting table. Last month was yellow, which was bright and pretty, but right now I need the soothing colors. I’ll complete what I can, when I can, for the RSC.

Finally, the only other thing I plan to work on in April is some embroidery. This is very portable, so I plan on getting some more blocks for HocusPocusVille traced and ready to take with me when I head out. I also have the 4th block from Jenny of Elefantz for the Vintage Kitchen BOM, so maybe I’ll get that traced today as well.

That’s it. We will be planting the garden over Easter weekend, so I know from now until September I’ll be spending more of my free time outside and less in the sewing room. I’m so ready for spring!


I’ll be linking up at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs for the April Goal Setting Party for A Lovely Year of Finishes.

4 comments:

  1. That's a very cute backing on your quilt. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's still quite a long list of projects to work on this month! I hope you take the time to relax with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as though you're going to be very busy! Lots of fun projects in your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little snowman. And Ronald McDonald houses are such a good place to support.

    ReplyDelete