Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Welcome to a New Week

Welcome to a New Week

Monday again, and I have some things on my Design Wall today…



These are all the individual blocks I’ve made so far this month. The top left are the blocks from the Times & Seasons calendar for my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. Below that is a swap block for the April meeting for my quilt guild. And on the right are the two Sampler blocks for March for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Thursday I will head over to Pigeon Forge for the Smoky Mountain Quilt Fest. I’m looking forward to a day away with the hubby. We’ll see if I bring home any treasures to work on. Otherwise, I do have some goals for this week…

Finish the Ronald McDonald House Quilt…I started this a couple of weeks ago by adding the borders to a completed top and then I began quilting it. My machine was acting up a bit and thread was breaking, so I got frustrated and put it aside. I’m over it now and forgave my machine, so I think I will start with that this week and finish up the quilting, then add the binding. I’m over halfway done quilting it, so I should be able to finish the quilting today. It is really cute…flannel snowmen with hot cocoa and ice skating. I can’t resist snowmen ice skating. This doesn’t have to be done this week, but I would like to get it out of the way.

Finish my Redwork block and complete Vintage Kitchen BOM #3…I’m close on the Redwork block and I’ve traced out the BOM block. It shouldn’t take long to do the BOM. These should be complete by the end of the week.

Complete Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects…I have the two Sampler blocks done, but I’ve not completed my two paper pieced projects or my postage stamp block for March. They shouldn’t take long so I hope I can get them done sometime this week. And I haven’t even touched my hexies since January, so maybe I’ll look for them and try to complete one flower. I’ve also decided on a different alternate block than the one being used for the Rainbow Sampler Quilt. I’m going to use a smaller version of the sawtooth stars that surround the sampler blocks, and then surround them with the white background to bring them up to the 12” finished block size of the samplers. I think I will be really happy with all the stars. Hopefully I can get some made this week. I’ll also need to make some using blue and pink for January’s and February’s colors.

And that’s it. I hope I can get it all done. I will be linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.

And just for fun, I’d like to tell my dad HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Unfortunately he has been fighting an infection (MRSA, ugh!) and is laid up in the hospital today (of all days!) We’re hoping he can get back home by the end of the week. Here he is in high school, just a few years ago J



Hope you have a wonderful week!


2 comments:

  1. I love your blocks, especially the calendar blocks. MRSA is no fun, I hope your dad recovers quickly. He was a handsome boy and probably a distinguished man now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun project up on the design wall. I like your change in plans for the RSC sampler. It will be fun to see that project come together.

    ReplyDelete