Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Check-In

Even though I didn’t complete all of my goals I set for myself this week, I was able to get a variety of things done. As far as the goals I did set, I was able to get the two borders on my Easy Street quilt. This was from Bonnie Hunter’s mystery in 2012. I finally finished the top last year, but just haven’t gotten around to putting on the borders and quilting it. I have backing and batting for it, so now it’s sitting next to the quilt machine ready to go. Here are the two borders I added, one narrow grey border and a multi-colored piano key border…



Another goal I set for myself this past week was to complete the blocks for A Lovely Year of Finishes for March. I did it! It was really actually an easy finish; it was pretty much all fusible applique. But it’s done and I’ll have to finish up the blocks when I make the adjacent blocks later this year. Here are the reindeer/snow blocks…



That’s about it for my goals. I did a little meandering in the sewing room and finished a hot pad that I started last year…I only needed to hand stitch the binding on it. I also completed the second March block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The yellows for March are getting me ready for the spring.

I also made a paper pieced block for a swap at our guild in April.



I’m not totally happy with how the pieces lined up though. I like to paper piece, so I thought I would really like this block. But not so much. I’ve printed out another pattern and I’ll try it again to see if I can match things up better.

Finally, I got a bit carried away and started a new project. Like I need something else to work on! But, I decided to make a little table topper for the spring.



I saw a similar topper in a magazine, but just decided to kind of wing it and make it a different size and draw my own flowers. I like how it turned out. I think. I have the backing fabric ready to piece, then I’ll quilt it. I’ll stitch down the applique for part of the quilting. I think it should go pretty quickly once I get started on it.

As far as my handwork goes, I really didn’t do a lot this week. I did stitch down the binding on the hot pad as I said before J, and I also made a little progress on my Redwork block.



I hope to complete this block this afternoon when I’m home alone. I’ve also traced out the third block for the Vintage Kitchen BOM at Jenny of Elefantz. If I have the time, I hope to get that completed as well.

As far as the Stash Report goes, I picked up a fat quarter while I was out running errands, so that’s .25 yards in. But, I had a total of 2.75 yards out by adding the borders on my Easy Street quilt; completing the pot holder; finishing my Times & Seasons block for ALYOF; and completing the swap block. It’s nice to be continuing on the “net used” side.

Stash Report Week 11 of 2015:

Used in 2015:            9.50 yards

Added in 2015:          2.25 yards

Total net used 2015: 7.25 yards

Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add

That’s about it for this past week. I will be linking up at Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy’s Quilts and the Stash Report at Patchwork Times. Now, I'll get on with my stitching! Have a great week!




3 comments:

  1. I love the colors of the Easy Street quilt. Your table top is so pretty. You did a great job designing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never be bored since you have so many wip's....just like the rest of us! Nice projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had a great week with progress on multiple fronts. Congrats on staying in the black with the stash report.

    ReplyDelete